A log file offers information about certain events, such as the wipe process. This log file can store data about the files and folders you wiped, when they were wiped and the status of the process. This is useful in case you want to have an evidence of what has been wiped, or just for debugging purposes.
To generate a log file, please open follow the steps below:
- On your computer, open east-tec Eraser.
- Go to the Erase menu and click Erase Options.
- Go to the Preferences page.
- Check User Log file and Append to existing log file.
- Uncheck Log errors only.
- Click OK.
- Perform the wiping operations you want to record in the log file.
- If you didn't change the location of the log file, this is usually saved in this folder: