east-tec Eraser Version 5.6 was released on December 10, 2004.
- New Scheduler Functionality added - allows you to better manage your system resources while keeping your computer secure and cleaned out of sensitive information (Eraser can be scheduled to run at certain hours when the computer is not used so intensively, or at times when the computer has been idle for a number of minutes, so it will not interfere with your work).
- The ability to protect the Restore Points from being deleted.
- New and Updated Sensitive Areas - AOL 9, Google Toolbar, IrfanView, ICQ, Norton Firewall, Norton Internet Security, Office 2003.
- The ability to choose the level of password protection for accessing east-tec Eraser 2004: you can have a password just for administration changes (and use no password when there is no danger to modify any of the settings, such as when running from the right click menu), or have a password for any access to the program.
- Design Interface Improvements