east-tec Eraser Version 3.0 was released on May 23, 2000.
New feature: The Privacy Guard
An intuitive, easy to use wizard feature designed to protect your computer and Internet privacy and get rid of sensitive information stored without your knowledge or approval. Use it to remove all evidence of your offline and online activity. With Privacy Guard you can:
- Protect your computer privacy by eliminating sensitive information stored by the Windows operating system without your knowledge or approval. This feature will destroy all sensitive information stored in the Windows swap file or in temporary files and remove all evidence of your computer activities (information about the programs you have run, the list of documents you have opened, etc.).
- Protect your Internet privacy by eliminating all traces of your Web browser activities: texts, pictures, sounds, the list of sites you have visited, history, cookies, etc. This feature works with both Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator.
- Get rid of files and folders that usually contain sensitive data. With this special feature you can select any number of files of folders that should be erased beyond recovery each time you run the Privacy Guard.
New feature: Eliminate Deleted E-Mail
- An intuitive, easy to use wizard feature designed to help you ensure that nobody will recover your deleted e-mail messages. No matter what e-mail program you are using (Outlook Express, Netscape Messenger, Eudora, etc.), this three-step wizard will be able to help you ensure that previously deleted e-mails are gone for good.
- No more locked sensitive files, no more security leaks.
- Some files that contain a lot of sensitive data cannot be accessed while Windows or other products are running. The files are locked by Windows or by the other products and cannot be erased. One of these files is the Windows swap file (paging file under Windows NT/2000), the file used by Windows for virtual memory support. east-tec Eraser 2000 is now able to ensure proper deletion of these locked files when Windows starts, before Windows or other products have the chance to lock them.
- A utility designed for Windows 95, 98, Me, NT and 2000.
- east-tec Eraser 2000 works with Windows 95, 98, NT and even with the new Windows 2000 and Windows Me. More, it is designed to use enhanced features offered by Windows NT and Windows 2000 for improved security while running under these operating systems.
- east-tec Eraser 2000 looks better and it is easier to use. The main features of the product are now more intuitive and designed in a Wizard style. Hints, tips and short explanations will guide the user and help him start using the product and the new features in almost no time.