With east-tec InvisibleSecrets, you can store passwords in encrypted password lists. The Password Lists are useful because you don’t have to remember all the passwords you are using, only one access key to open the password list. For each password you provide a description and some additional information (and, of course, the password). When you select a description from the list, the edit boxes from the main window which require the input of a password will be filled with the selected password.
east-tec InvisibleSecrets creates a default password list called “My Passwords”. When you run east-tec InvisibleSecrets for the first time, you will have to enter an access key for this default password list.
To use the Password Manager follow these steps:
- Press the Passwords button from the main page.
- Select List
To open an existing list:
- Select a passwords list. The first time you run east-tec InvisibleSecrets you have to enter an access key for the default password list.
- Enter the access key corresponding to the selected password list
If you want to perform other actions click the corresponding links:
- Create new passwords listWhen you create a new Password List, you have to enter an access key too. Therefore, for each Password List you can have an unique access key.
- Manage Passwords Lists
This will open a window containing all the lists of passwords you have created so far. Here you have four buttons available:
- New List – create a new list of passwords
- Destroy List – destroy (shred) selected list
- Edit List – edit selected list of passwords
- Properties – edit the properties of the selected list of passwords (name and access key).
Manage passwords in a list
- Click the Add button to add new passwords to the list.
- Click the Edit button to edit selected password.
- Click the Remove button to remove selected passwords from the list.
- Click Options to edit some options for the list: name and password.