To avoid any conflicts between different versions of east-tec Eraser, it is recommended to uninstall the previous versions of east-tec Eraser before installing newer versions. If you forget to do that, east-tec Eraser will tell you that an older version is already installed and ask you to uninstall it first.
To uninstall east-tec Eraser, please follow these steps:
- Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
- Select east-tec Eraser, and then click Uninstall. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Note: If you have a version that has the old Risk Monitor in the System Tray, make sure to close this module first, before updating east-tec Eraser.
If you receive the same message after trying to uninstall it, follow the steps below to manually uninstall the previous version (depending on the version you have on your computer, you may need to replace “2010” or “2011” or “2012” with the version you have):
- Please go to My Computer, click on the C drive, go to “Program Files\east-tec Eraser”, enter into this directory and erase each file one by one using “SHIFT+DEL” (if any files are still left there).
- If you receive any message that Windows cannot erase dll files, restart the computer and after that, try again and you should not encounter any problem.
- Then, go to “Control Panel -> Uninstall a program” and clean up the east-tec Eraser icon from the list (click on the Remove or Clean-up button).
- After doing this, go to Start -> Run and type the following: regedit
- This will open your Windows registry. Please browse to the following key and delete it by right clicking it and using “Delete”:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EAST Technologies\east-tec Eraser