Safe: Safe is equivalent with a new partition, a new virtual disk drive added to your existent physical ones. The Safe is password protected, and uses to store the information a file on the physical disk.
Container: Every Safe works with an encrypted Container File. It is practically the image of the virtual drive stored in a big file. Your encrypted files and folders are actually stored in this Container File.
Follow these steps to change the letter assigned to a Safe:
- Select a Safe from Safes list (the Safe must be closed)
- Select Properties from the main page.
- Enter the Safe password.
- In the General Properties section select the desired drive letter from the drop-down list. (Note: If there is another safe using the letter, it won’t appear in the list).
- Click OK and you are done.
To restore a safe using a Backup Container follow these steps:
- Select the action: New Safe or Create Safe (above the Safes list).
- Select the action Restore Safe from previous backup. (the white link in the bottom-left corner)
- Browse the Container File and then click Open. Click Next in the window that appears after you make the desired changes (new name for the safe, a new description)
- You can change the letter of the Safe in the next page that appears. Click Next.
- The Safe is restored after you press Finish.
To backup a Safe follow these steps:
- Select a safe from the Safes list.
- Select the action: Backup Safe from the main page.
- Enter the safe password to confirm you’re the owner of this safe.
- Select the destination folder (where the container file will be copied).
- Click OK and your backup is created.
Follow these steps to destroy a Safe: