Passwords are used to encrypt or hide files.
If you have many passwords, you can store all of them in a list, open with one “master password”. That master password is called Access Key (to a list of passwords).
Activation Keys are useful only to those that want to develop their own encryption algorithms or new carriers. It’s an internal security system of east-tec InvisibleSecrets.
To make an IP to IP secure password transfer, please follow these steps:
- Open east-tec InvisibleSecrets
- Select IP-to-IP Secure Password Transfer from the main page.
- Select the action for your computer:
The Receiver (the computer that is going to receive the password).
- choose Receive Password.
- click Next button to receive the password.
The Transmitter (the computer that is going to transmit the password).
- choose Transmit Password.
- type in the IP of the computer that acts as receiver.
- type in the password to transmit.
- click the Next button to transmit the password
With east-tec InvisibleSecrets, you can store passwords in encrypted password lists. The Password Lists are useful because you don’t have to remember all the passwords you are using, only one access key to open the password list. For each password you provide a description and some additional information (and, of course, the password). When you select a description from the list, the edit boxes from the main window which require the input of a password will be filled with the selected password.
east-tec InvisibleSecrets creates a default password list called “My Passwords”. When you run east-tec InvisibleSecrets for the first time, you will have to enter an access key for this default password list.
To use the Password Manager follow these steps:
- Press the Passwords button from the main page.
- Select List
To open an existing list:
- Select a passwords list. The first time you run east-tec InvisibleSecrets you have to enter an access key for the default password list.
- Enter the access key corresponding to the selected password list
If you want to perform other actions click the corresponding links:
- Create new passwords listWhen you create a new Password List, you have to enter an access key too. Therefore, for each Password List you can have an unique access key.
- Manage Passwords Lists
This will open a window containing all the lists of passwords you have created so far. Here you have four buttons available:
- New List – create a new list of passwords
- Destroy List – destroy (shred) selected list
- Edit List – edit selected list of passwords
- Properties – edit the properties of the selected list of passwords (name and access key).
Manage passwords in a list
- Click the Add button to add new passwords to the list.
- Click the Edit button to edit selected password.
- Click the Remove button to remove selected passwords from the list.
- Click Options to edit some options for the list: name and password.