Since our licenses have no expiration date, you can continue using your old version for a life-time period as long as you have an installer of the purchased version and a registration code.
It is not enough to have your data away from falling into the wrong hands, by encrypting it into a virtual safe. If you lose your data, even YOU won’t have access to it. For example, if your laptop gets stolen, your data will be safe because it is encrypted and only you know the password. But, you won’t have access to this data anymore if you didn’t back it up. And we suppose it’s very important data, if you encrypted it.
Let’s suppose you back up your data frequently on external devices. But, you cannot be sure you always have the latest version in the backup, without an automated process.
A good combination of both BACKUP and ENCRYPTION is the use of a service like Dropbox that provides automatic syncronization with files and folders you choose from your computer. In other words, if you change one or more files, they are automatically updated in Dropbox.
In short, you need to follow these steps:
- Encrypt your data in a virtual safe using east-tec SafeBit. For more information, read the product documentation.
- The virtual safe you created above is actually stored in a single file, located somewhere on your hard drive (you choose the location of this file).
- Sign up for an account on Dropbox
- Sychronize your Dropbox folders with the folder where you saved your east-tec SafeBit virtual drive file.
- Whenever you make changes to the contents of the virtual drive and after you unmount it, the encrypted data will automatically be updated in the cloud, too.
Our policy is free minor upgrades (updates) and paid major upgrades. If a major paid upgrade will be released within 3 months since the purchase date, it will be totally free for you! If you don’t want to upgrade, you may continue using our product. In case you want to upgrade to the latest version, we usually offer great discounts for existing customers.
You may create unlimited virtual drives, there is no limit.
Safe: Safe is equivalent with a new partition, a new virtual disk drive added to your existent physical ones. The Safe is password protected, and uses to store the information a file on the physical disk.
Container: Every Safe works with an encrypted Container File. It is practically the image of the virtual drive stored in a big file. Your encrypted files and folders are actually stored in this Container File.