east-tec DisposeSecure offers wiping methods against both software and hardware recovery tools. Stopping software recovery tools usually requires one pass overwriting, however, that number must be increased when it comes to stopping hardware recovery tools.
The software comes with 9 built-in industry standard compliant erasing options and you can find the list below. Besides them, east-tec DisposeSecure offers faster wiping solutions, with one or two wipe passes, but they are only safe against software recovery tools.
However, as it was mentioned earlier, if you prefer, you can also create your own custom wipe methods, thanks to east-tec DisposeSecure’s open architecture.
Here is the list of the built-in wiping methods:
- Peter Gutmann (35 passes)
- Bruce Schneier
- US Naval Information Systems Management Center: NAVSO P-5239-26 (RLL)
- US Naval Information Systems Management Center: NAVSO P-5239-26 (MFM)
- US Air Force System Security Instruction 5020: AFSSI-5020
- Russian Federation – Federal Agency on Technical Regulating and Metrology: GOST P50739-95
- The German Federal office for IT Security: German VSITR, etc.
For a detailed description of each wiping method, please click here